Assistive Technology Assessments and Training
The Assistive Technology Program for the District of Columbia (ATPDC) is dedicated to increasing access to assistive technology devices and services. As part of this effort we provide assistive technology evaluations/needs assessments and individualized training on a fee-for-service basis.
These services are available to individuals, school systems, local and federal government offices and agencies, private businesses and all educational institutions. The AT evaluation can be conducted in the classroom, in the workplace or at the DCATRC.
Assessment services include:
- Gathering of data related to tasks and environment
- Review of relevant reports and prior evaluations
- Interviews with family members, teachers, service provider, etc.
- Short-term trials with assistive technology devices
- Short-term loan of potential devices
- Comprehensive report including recommendations and implementation strategies
Individualized training is available for one or more persons to gain operational knowledge on a specific AT device, software or app.
Individualized training services include:
- The device and how it works
- Installation, programming and setting up the device as needed
- Integrating the device or system into the classroom, workplace or home
For more information including fees please contact us.